Sunday, June 12, 2011

Pentecost Sunday



"..suddenly there came a sound from heaven, as of a mighty wind coming, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting and there appeared to them parted tongues as it were of fire, and it sat upon every one of them and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they began to speak with divers tongues, according as the Holy Ghost gave them to speak." -Acts 2:2-4


The Baptism of the Holy Spirit/Holy Ghost....this is why though my body has suffered side effects from chemo the past couple of days, I can pray in tongues, my heavenly language, and my spirit finds true comfort and suddenly, I'm filled with thanksgiving! My spirit grows full with rest, my mind filled with peace and my soul full of joy! Jesus promised us the 'comforter' would come and He would fill us with the Spirit of God. We can be filled with power from on high with rivers of living water flowing from our lives that triumph over every adversity! Pray for God to fill you with His Holy Spirit....Acts 2 - It is a gift available for you...the Baptism of the Holy Ghost will change your walk with Him. There is a language, 'unknown tongues' - an unknown language that will flow from your mouth as the Holy Spirit gives you the utterance. This language is a prayer language, the language of angels, that your enemy cannot understand. We are spiritual beings and through the infilling of the Holy Spirit, we pray answers into our lives.. when we don't know what to pray, our spirits pray for us. We don't have to understand it to receive it. We don't understand how electricity works but we don't sit in the dark because we don't understand it - we turn the light switch on. When you receive Christ, you receive a measure of the Holy Spirit - but there is more! There is an infilling that will fill you to overflowing - just ask, seek and knock and you will find! People ask me how I have been able to endure what I have through all the trails I have faced in my life including the cancers and over 100 rounds of chemo. My answer: The Baptism, the infilling of the Holy Spirit - my prayer language. When I didn't know what to pray or how to pray for the situation I found myself in or maybe I was too sick to put words together..because I had received the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, I would find myself praying in a language that I had never been taught. I didn't understand what I was praying but God did. *The entire new testament was written by men, men who experienced trials and tribulations like none of us have ever known, who were filled with the Holy Spirit. Yes, The Holy Spirit has been abused in "The Church" today - there's many ways to grieve the Holy Spirit - there's those who ignore the existence of the Baptism of the Holy Spirit and the spirit language of tongues and there are those who think if they haven't shouted in tongues for everyone to hear or ran around the church pews that they really haven't had church. The Holy Spirit is a gentle giant... The Holy Spirit strengthens our walk with God. The Baptism of the Holy Spirit has been laughed at, poked fun of and rejected in many churches but I will testify that I would never have made it in my life without the infilling of the Holy Spirit and my Heavenly Prayer Language. I thank God that when this body grows weary, I can pray in the spirit, an unknown tongue, a heavenly language, and rivers of living water flood my soul and my life.