Wednesday, October 8, 2008

You Are Beautiful

NewSpring will be starting a new series called "Beautiful" that will be going from Oct. 19 - Nov. 23. It is described as a series for women and the men who pursue them. A lot of us feel beaten up as a woman (not defeated, but just left battered and bruised). In my case, after dancing with a couple of stage four female cancers while only in my thirties often times I felt like damaged goods and that is exactly how cancer wants to leave you feeling if you do manage to make it out of the ring. Some of us have so many scars - I'm not just speaking of physical scars but emotional and spiritual ones. I encourage you, woman to woman, to please come to this series cause I don't know about you but I want to see myself the way God sees me. I want to take back all that cancer took from me and often times this final claim of seeing myself beautiful again has been the hardest for me and I don't mean in a vain way but in the way God created me in the likeness of Him.
If you cannot physically come to NewSpring - please, watch it on-line.

http://www.newspring.cc/series/beautiful