Tuesday, December 7, 2010


Elizabeth Edwards had the heart of an advocate and I appreciated her voice.
If we don't step up, there will be many more lives ending this way.
As an advocate, myself and a survivor of two different stage 4's, it makes me angry! As a breast cancer si
ster of Elizabeth's, it makes me sad.
These are the facts:
1) This year, cancer passed heart disease as the leading cause of death in the US.
2) It is estimated that by 2020, one out of two people will be diagnosed sometime in their lifetime.
3) We lose the same amount of people every other day to cancer as we did on 911.
When will congress GET IT???!!!!!!!
I stood on Capital Hill alongside 199 of my Livestrong constituents and we vowed to go to war as Nixon did in 1975 and as we know, no cure.
We have to take the ribbons off! We have to get serious!
My son will not go through what I have been through, I declare it! He will not ever see the trenches of cancer, I decree it!
You may not think you can do anything and you can't do everything but you can do something... and please be careful where you donate your funds.
Be sure your funds go to research, resources and recovery. Don't pad administrator's pockets.
We have to go to the very root of the problem, not scrap the surface
.