Thursday, September 1, 2011

"It Is Finished!" - Jesus Christ

Jesus declares, "It Is Finished!" - John 19:30


But how had the redemptive plan been completed and our justification complete when He was not yet dead, He had not yet been buried nor had He risen from the grave yet?


"And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain ... And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins." —1 Corinthians 15:13-17


"Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification." —Romans 4:25


How when He had not yet been to the mercy seat where the blood of the Lamb was to be applied?

 "Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but BY HIS OWN BLOOD he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us." —Hebrews 9:12


John 19:28 "After this, Jesus knowing all things were accomplished, that the 
scriptures might be fulfilled, saith, I thirst."


Why did Jesus tell Mary not to touch Him because He needed to ascend to His Father to sprinkle His blood upon the mercy seat to finish His work of redemption?


"Jesus entered into the Holy Place in Heaven by His own blood. The work of atonement was not complete until He had applied His own blood to the Mercy Seat in the Holy of Hollies. 
-Hebrews 9:12


Jesus was the precious 'Lamb' of God. He was the Lamb without spot and without blemish who cried out, "It is finished" as He hung between such a conflict that the earth shook and the sun refused to shine. 
A battle raged between evil and the angels of glory while Jesus, the divine divide, hung between the conflict and peace that shook the foundations of this world.
Jesus was fulfilling the Abrahamic covenant; creating for us a better promise. 
He was creating a beginning from an ending. 
It was what would be an ending of all conflict, conflict that had raged down through the ages of all man. Jesus, the strong tower now erected; the secret place created; the ever present help birthed out of the fold of all past and future pains of the sins of generations of men where we can so easily now take our place. 
Full access to our own creator.
Why then do we continue to hold ourselves prisoners of conflict, chaos, and confusion? We allow useless, fruitless battles to continue to rage in our lives and hold us captive. 


We have to know "It Is Finished" means the battle is over for us if we would only believe.
The King of all the Ages, Jesus, has fought all battles and all conflicts of all ages and because He has done so, we are free!
Jesus cried, "It is finished!"- meaning: All confusion, guilt, fear, condemnation, unrest, mental unrest, sickness, pain, hopelessness, loneliness, brokenness, .......it's all over!
He finished it and then completed your redemption by His death, burial and rising again - 
Why live in captivity? Why fight a battle that is over? 




During the first cancer, I was a prisoner of it all and thought the fight was mine but when the second cancer came along, He taught me that He had finished that fight. Now, I understand that the battle belongs to the Lord...and when I forget, He quickly reminds me. When I draw my sword, I hear Him call my name and He tells me to put it away. When I feel like the sea will soon swallow me up, I see His face and He reaches His hands down to me. He has never failed me and I know He never will. There's not a cancer that will ever cause me to walk in fear because I know that no weapon formed against me will ever be allowed to prosper itself over me.


My life begins daily because He, who is life, finished the fight through the cross.
He completed my redemption and justification by His death, burial and resurrection. 


It is finished and I am free indeed!