Friday, August 10, 2007

Another Great Poem - Time to Adore

And when I die
I hope my soul ascends
slowly, so that I
may watch the earth receding
out of sight,
its vastness growing smaller as I rise,
savoring its recession with delight.
Anticipating joy is itself a joy.
And joy unspeakable
and full of glory needs more
than "in the twinkling of an eye,"
more than "in a moment."

Lord, who am I to disagree?
It's only we have much to leave behind;
so much...Before.
These moments of transition
will, for me,
be time to adore. - Ruth Bell Graham

Ruth Graham went home to heaven on June 14th, 2007, and I wonder if she did get to look on the life she was leaving and take the time to adore it. She was married to Billy Graham for 64 years and I imagine that her eyes were on him as she stepped into eternity. What a love - what a life. I saw a magazine that said her life was "A Life Well Lived." I can't think of two greater people that the Grahams. I believe when she got to heaven that God showed her all the lives that were changed by their life. The Bible talks about loving your neighbor and these two really did. How many of us can say that we live our lives to make life better for others. Ruth was 87 - she lived out God's promise. Her daughter said "Her happiness and fulfillment did not depend on her circumstances. She was a lovely, beautiful and wise woman because early in life she made Christ her home, her purpose, her center, her confidant, and her vision." Wow, this lady was CLASS. I hope that when I have lived out my promised years and leave this earth that my son will say "My mom did not let her circumstances determine her attitude for life." I want him to say that I was full of joy, hope, and love. I want to live my life with confidence. The Bible tells us not to cast away our confidence and I have decided that I wont!