Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Weary Rest

Just before chemo treatment today, the Holy Spirit took me to the Scriptures Matthew 11:28-30 "Come to me ALL you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

So even when we don't understand these burdens that we bare while living and we don't have all the answers and as hard as it is to have faith at times when what you see before you seems so grim and painful and you see no way out. He will create a way out, He will stand with you in troubles, and He will weep with you. What I know is that His Grace is sufficient and His Mercy will endure. My heart's desire is to take up His yoke so that as He said, I can learn from Him...to withstand the rain and the pain...and to allow Him to show Himself STRONG in my life once more. I will always proclaim God's love.
It is my prayer for you that you would find His peace in whatever place you have found yourself in...and as you grow weary in the battle - take your rest in Him.