Monday, February 2, 2009

The Dreadnought




A Dreadnought was a battleship of the early 1900's. This massive war machine was pretty much invincible and "feared nothing" hence the name Dreadnought, dread meaning fear and nought meaning nothing. This ship was referred to as the "all big gun" design.
This ship was built for the battle for which it was intended...to engage in the hard core fight.
The Bible says in Psalm 144 "He trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." Turns out that God addresses fear and worry 366 times in His Word..that would be one scripture concerning fear and worry for everyday of the year plus leap year. A ship built by human hands that would fear nothing - I am not. No, just flesh and bone with a very human heart and spirit but built by God's own hands and designed after His own self. Why then should I ever fear cancer?
Like the Dreadnought, I was built with this battle in mind.